Alberta Conflict Resolution Day
October 19, 2017
Conflict Resolution Day Activity Ideas
Join your colleagues from across Alberta and celebrate Conflict Resolution Day. Here's just a few of the things you can do:
- Deliver a workshop on conflict resolution. Alberta Conflict Resolution Day's committee has a one hour training presentation package you can use. This year's topic is "Why we Jump to Conclusions and How to Avoid It".
- Host an information booth at a mall, farmer's market, festival, workplace, school, or wherever you can reach a crowd.
- Celebrate your clients, members, or volunteers with an appreciation event.
- Partner with other practitioners or organizations in your community to host an event.
- Hold an Open House to feature your programs, offer testimonials from clients, have a brown bag lunch speaker, and/or demonstrate a mock mediation.
- Organize a flash mob like this group did.
- Host a movie or book club night. Pick a movie or book with a conflict theme and prepare a few questions for discussion afterward. For inspiration, check out the movie Bully.
- Spread the word on social media: start a conversation, share resources and events.
- Write an article for your local paper.
- Play a Conflict Resolution Game like the ones in this book
- Hold a contest: Art, poetry, t-shirt, video, poster? Choose a medium to engage your audience.
- Host a Twitter Chat. Find out how.
- Publish information about Conflict Resolution Day in your blog, website, newsletter, or magazine
- Add to your email signature. Add Conflict Resolution Day, the date, and a link to this website to your email signature
- Create promotional items such as t-shirts, mugs, or book marks to promote conflict resolution
- Coordinate with your local library, art gallery, or museum to hold conflict resolution themed displays or events.
- Invite a speaker to address a topic in ADR, conflict resolution, or peace.
- Share a reading list or create a book display. Check out our reading list for some ideas.